Sunday, October 12, 2008

This Week in Sports News: The Chant Lives On!

Despite a video plea from the fat man himself (e-mailed to every student), KU's "Rip his fucking head off" kickoff chant continued as usual at Saturday's game. Are the boys still in support of this vulgarity?

Chip: "As a public educator, I know that the best way to get kids to stop doing something is not to tell them not to do it. It's best just to let them wear themselves down. Eventually, they'll get tired of Sandler's Waterboy reference and move on to something else that catches their fancy... maybe a line from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist."

Richard: "I hope they do move on. As I've said, I have no problem with the vulgarity, but I do have a problem with the students' taste in film. I spent several football games shouting "I drink your milkshake, I drink it up" from PT Anderson's There Will Be Blood after each KU tackle, but it never caught on. At the very least, we could move on to another Sandler film and maybe yell "You don't mess with the Zohan" when we're on offense. We could even add 'motherfucker' after it, if the vulgarity is what's important to us."

No comments: