Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hipster Art Pick of the Weekend

Readers, perhaps you've been intrigued, confused, or (in Chip's case) unsettled by the following fliers that have been popping up around town in recent weeks:





















Well, tonight is the night that Asteroid Head Art Club wants that word with you...at their new opening from 6:00-9:00 at Wonder Fair. In addition to "64 new works on paper" the evening is also slated to include "The Word Party Rap" performed by Asteroid Head, Pin the Word on the Word, and The Word World Mystery Tour." According to the Wayward Blog, "These kids are fun, and you might find yourself passing out from the whimsy."

Chip: "Or you might find yourself passing out from the poison Kool Aid they ask you to drink after their fliers have brainwashed you into coming to this event."

Richard: "Well, I think it's far more likely to be poison PBR in this case, but I get your point. Still, being a fan of the arts in Larryville means being ever-ready to do what Asteroid Head Art Club asks of you."

Chip: "If they want a word with me, I'd be happy to sit down with them over a nice chicken-fried steak and explain to them why I hate what they do, but I won't be lured to their basement lair for a game of 'Pin the Word on the Word.'"

Richard: "That's the difference between us, Chip. I've been looking forward to 'The Word Party Rap' all day."

1 comment:

if it's not scottish, it's crap! said...

I've yet to see any of the "art" put forward by this collective, but I'm already tired of their schtick. If I want asteroid head jokes or art, I'll just cue up this Mike Myers gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4gHbcAVkc0&feature=related