Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Future KU Basketball Autobiographies / We Look at Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive / Controversial Pick of the Day: Odd Future at Granada

Sure, there's still a few weeks of soul-crushing losses ahead for KU football, but as of this Friday (with Late Night in the Phog) all eyes will be on KU basketball from here on out. We're going to prepare for the season by reading Tyrell Reed's new book: Reed All About It: Driven to be a Jayhawk.















We suspect the Reed story might be a little tame for our tastes, however. Here are a few suggestions for KU basketball autobiographies we'd be more excited to read:

Love in an Elevator: The True Confessions of Sherron Collins

Moon Bar Knife Fight: The JR Giddens Story

Everything AND the Kitchen Sink: Mario Little's Big Adventure

Tyshawn Taylor: Sex in the Fieldhouse (An Illustrated Guide)

Free PBR for the best alternate suggestion for future KU basketball autobiographies.



---

Each year we wait anxiously for Esquire to tell us who's the Sexiest Woman Alive. This year: Rihanna. She graces the cover and photo shoot naked and covered in dirt and leaves.

Our feminist readers: "There's a terribly disturbing trend of photographing African-American women in 'primitive' or 'animalized' fashion. It looks like she's just stepped out of the jungle. We're surprised she's not riding a fucking tiger or something."

Chip: "I thought the leaves were meant to suggest a Garden of Eden feel. Innocence corrupted. I'd like to rake those leaves, if you catch my meaning. What I mean is that I'd like to see her completely naked."


















---

If you love songs about murder and rape, it's a good night to be in Larryville: Odd Future is at the Granada for a sold-out show.

Let's take a look at a few lyrics from "Orange Juice":

"I stumbled down a hill then I had Jill jack me off
Harder than my dick when Taylor Swift is in my basement
Cause I've been doin' this since Pooh fucked Christopher Robinson"


Richard: "Odd Future's vision is a truly uncompromising one, and 'Orange Juice' is some of their best work. As they dismantle and reverse these iconic images of innocence, everything from Taylor Swift to Pooh Bear, we are forced to acknowledge the corruption beneath the surface of our cherished ideals."

Chip: "I can't get that vision of Pooh raping Christopher Robinson out of my head. I'm probably going to skip the Odd Future show."

No comments: