Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another Touching Visit to Larryville's Craigslist! / Rap Pick of the Day

Readers, we've become fascinated by the lonely souls lingering in the "missed connections" section of Larryville's Craigslist (perhaps because we sympathize with them: so many Q's waitresses have come and gone from our own lives over the years without so much as a blowjob or a goodbye).

Today's excerpt takes us to Free State Brewery on a recent Monday night:

"I apologize for not being able to talk more—Free State is so ridiculously loud and when everyone on every side is yelling at everyone else on every other side . . . well, you know. I would have excused myself when you left but I missed my window. My bad. It's not often I meet a cute girl who's in to what you're in to, mastering what you're mastering, or know who Cornelius Agrippa and A.E. Waite are. If you happen to stumble upon this, you should contact me (if you'd like, of course). And if you do, would you mind mentioning that thing you're in to I alluded to? so I know you're you? Thanks. Otherwise, it was a pleasure meeting you."

Chip: "A quick Google search reveals that Agrippa and Waite are occult writers, and I believe the logical conclusion here is that these two seemingly charming Free State beer drinkers are actually into human sacrifice or some other such sick Satanic shit. Don't panic, though. I've alerted the authorities already."

---

If you want to be in a local rap video (and who doesn't?), head to the Granada tonight where Top City's Stik Figa will be shooting a video for Figa's new single "Whudupwidit!"

In the meantime, rewatch Spence's "All You Hipsters" on Youtube to remind yourself just how great a local rap video can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TueHlDY5JZo


No comments: